Occupational, Health and Safety Management System Standard:
The standard gives requirements for an occupational health and safety management system, to enable an organization to control its occupational, health and safety (OH&S) risks and improve its performance.
OHSAS 18001 has been developed to be compatible with the ISO 9001 (quality) and ISO 14001 (environmental) management system standards, in order to facilitate the integration of quality, environmental and occupational health and safety management systems by organizations, should they wish to do so.The OHSAS 18001 standard is applicable to any organization that wishes to:
- Establish an OH&S management system to eliminate or minimize risk to employees and other interested parties who may be exposed to OH&S risks associated with its activities
- Implement, maintain and continually improve on OH&S management system
- Assure itself of its conformance with its stated OH&S policy
- Demonstrate such conformance to others
Our audits are conducted according to the following:
The OHSAS 18001 standard was created via a concerted effort from a number of the world's leading national standards bodies, certification bodies, and specialist consultancies.
A main driver for this was to try to remove confusion in the workplace from the proliferation of certifiable OH&S standards.
- Implementation of Environmental management system in accordance with ISO 14001.
- Environmental audits in accordance with ISO 14001.
- Relevant Environmental awareness and skills training.
- Facilitating Certification Audit to above standard.
- Environmental surveys in terms of ventilation, noise, lighting, gas emissions, water and ground pollution, radiation etc.
- Supply spill kits and clean-up material.
- Facilitate spill response clean-up etc.
- Facilitate Environmental legal audits by specialists.